Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5: And the award for bad parenting goes to...

Me! Alex came home from school last week complaining that his hand hurt. I asked him why and he said he had gotten mad and punched the seat in front of him on the bus.

I checked out his hand. It seemed fine so I gave him an ibuprofen and sent him on his way. Over the next few days he kept complaining that it hurt.

Yesterday Alex was walking through the halls at his school and accidentally bumped into a wall. Apparently it hurt quite a bit. He called Ed, who picked him up and took him to urgent care. Turns out Alex's hand was broken!

They put a cast on him; he'll be in it for 4-6 weeks. Guess I should listen to him when he says his hand hurts.











---Posting from my iPhone every day in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment