Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18: What is the truth?

If you are one the handful of people who follow this blog, by now you know that Ed and I are divorcing and I've moved into an apartment.

It's has been slow-going; there is almost 20 years worth of accumulation to sort through. It's a bit overwhelming for me and some days it makes me sad, so I haven't been working as diligently as I should on it. Mostly I've been going back to the house each day, loading up a few boxes, then coming back and sorting everything into new locations.

I've been throwing away a lot of things, and finding a few things that I think one of the kids might want. One such item is this picture set in a keychain.




This was taken at a novelty photo booth a few years back while on a family vacation in CA. We look like we are having a great time, don't we? And, yeah, I suppose there were times that we did have fun on that trip. But I also remember a lot of bickering. A lot of arguments. A lot of yelling.

Looking at this picture makes me feel sad. How much of our lives has been the truth and how much has been a lie? If the truth had outweighed the lies, would things be different now?

---Posting from my iPhone every day in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment